Monday, September 5, 2011

Ramadhan has gone

Another Ramadhan has come and gone.The moments gone by can never be reversed.However, there is an opportunity for all of us to think deeply to what have we grasped during the holy month?


How much control have we gained over our untamed desires? Have we reached the stage where we can whole-heartedly submit ourselves to the divine code of conduct? Have the hunger and the fatigue, we suffered during the month long course, strengthened our belief? Has the passion of studying and understanding the Quran developed among us? Well if the answer is “YES”, it is a huge accomplishment which otherwise can only be dreamt of. And if the answer is otherwise, it is a extremely tragedy. Since we are back on the normal track, we are more vulnerable to satanic attacks now. 


As for me,there are still lots of things to change and improve. However I feel that this Ramadhan is better than last Ramadhan where I just sleeping on daytime and stayed up late at night watching dramas. What a waste!!T_T.(Stay up tunggu sahur sebab subuh at that time lebih kurang pkul 2,3 camtu. Then tido dalam pkul 5 pagi and woke up pkul 12 tgh hari ke atas..terok kan.Pastu bukak pose pukul 6) Even though it is a holy month, I wasted it just like that. 


This year,alhamdulillah thank you Allah for making me realize the importance of Ramadhan. One of the thing i'm glad with myself is I managed to control myself from watching korean dramas..yehaaa!!!Alhamdulillah..if not,this Ramadhan will gone just like last year because I know myself well..once I started watching,I could hardly stop.


For almost a decade I'm fasting but only now I know the main purpose of fasting.
I guess many other people also don't know about this.


The following verse from the Quran says : O you who believe, fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you that you may achieve Taqwa.
(Al –Baqarah: Verse 183).

It is mentioned that the main purpose is for us to achieve taqwa. 
Not just to refrain ourselves from eating,drinking and doing bad things.
Not because all of the muslims were doing it.

So,did we achieve any benefits from Ramadhan?
A reflection to ponder upon..
A reminder for next Ramadhan..hoping we will meet the Ramadhan again.






A little explanation about fasting in Japanese.
FASTING 断食(だんじき)


  • 断食というのは日の出から日の入りまでの間、食べたり飲んだりすることはできない、そしてイスラム教にとって悪い行動をしないという意味で、欲望と悪い気持ちを抑えるのが目的である。



  • なぜなら、アッラー(神様)がイスラム教徒に我慢することを勉強してほしいから。

  • 食べられる時間まで我慢することで、その達成感を感じることによって絶対に何かを学ぶ。例えば、貧しい人々の気持ちを分かる。


  • 毎年、イスラムカレンダーのラマダン月には、すべての健康なムスリムは(あかつき:dawn)から日没(にちぼつ:sunset)まで断食します。断食の最中には、飲食はもちろん他人の悪い話やけんか、性交なども慎みます(つつしみます:refrain)。


  • さらに、断食というのは実際、自己浄化(じょうか:purification)と己心(こっきしん:self-control)の練習のために行われます。







No comments:

Post a Comment